Friday, January 28, 2011

The post where I sound like Maw-Maw

I've had one of those "when it rains, it pours" weeks.

Darryl left Monday night for a business trip.

Tuesday, I had a 14-hour day. I got up at 4:45 (as I always do), let the house at 6:15 in the morning, and didn't return home until 8:30 that night. Our school had an AP Parent Night that evening, so I had to talk about my class, AP Language. Between leaving work and the meeting, I picked up Amelia, took her to dinner (where we had dessert because we so deserved it), took her to the school to kill time, and then took her to a daycare teacher/friend's house so I could go to the meeting. By the time I left the meeting (it wasn't even over and had already gone on an hour!), picked up Amelia, and got home, I had decided to skip Amelia's bath even though she had chocolate in her hair (from our dessert).

And of course, Wednesday morning I got up at 4:45 to begin a whole new day.

Wednesday evening, my eye felt very irritated, but I figured it was just eye strain, allergies, whatever.

I also forgot to mention that somewhere around Monday and Tuesday, I was getting the beginnings of a sore throat. (By the way, I had to spell "throat" for one of my students this week. Seriously?)

Thursday, my looked red and puffy before school, but I still thought it was just a minor eye irritation. By the end of the day, it was RED and swollen...and it throbbed with pain any time I was in any kind of light. Then I found out that several basketball players were home with pink eye.

So I turned in a sub request for Friday (today), quickly got together some lesson plans for the week, and then went to a doc in the box. The doctor walked in, barely got past the door, and said, "Oh, yes. You definitely have pink eye." Then she proceeded to poke me in the face around my nose, and when I practically came off the table in pain, she said I definitely had a sinus infection, too.

When I picked up Amelia from daycare, I found out that Amber, the one who kept Amelia Tuesday night, was also diagnosed earlier in the day with pink eye. So who knows? Maybe I gave it to her, or she gave it to me...regardless, it's no fun.

We picked up my antibiotic and my eye drops from the Target Pharmacy, and my total was $111.00. When I asked why it was so high, they said it was the eye drops, that they were $99, and my insurance had paid $9.00 of it. Thank you, United Heath Insurance. That is so generous of you.

Amelia and I got home, ordered pizza, and watched Despicable Me, which is totally cute. What does it say about me that my favorite movies of late have been animated???

I got Amelia to bed, then went to bed myself. Darryl got home, and bless him, agreed to take Amelia to daycare for me this morning. I got up this morning and helped get everything together for her, and then I went back to bed and slept until a glorious 9:30.

So here I sit on the couch, surrounded by Kleenex, the remote control, my computer, and my phone, and frankly, I am glad this week is OVER.

No comments: