Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Best Thing I Ever Ate: Sandwiches

I don't know if you've ever seen the Food Network's show The Best Thing I Ever Ate, but if you haven't, or even if you have...basically it works like this: For each show, there is a "theme," like breakfast foods, or steak, or something like that. Various food-industry celebs then describe the best whatever they had ever eaten.

Anyway, the point is this: Sunday, I had the best sandwich I have ever eaten in my life. My friend Casi and I had lunch at a restaurant called West Egg Cafe. I had the Fried Green Tomato BLT, which consisted of fried green tomatoes (obviously), crisp bacon, field greens, and--to kick it up a notch--a spread of pimiento cheese on each slice of perfectly buttered and toasted challah bread.

Good grief.

Each bite was a little piece of heaven. I'm not exaggerating in the least.

It was that good. So good it deserved to be commemorated on my blog.

3 comments:

Mom said...

Any restaurant with that many pimento cheese options is my kind of place. Why don't you take your mother to eat there some time?

Amy said...

Well...it's close to downtown and not very Amelia-friendly, but of course I would take you!

RealTimShady said...

I want one.