Saturday, May 08, 2010

Rough week

The blog posts have been scarce, I know. I have been so busy with putting together this awards program that I have barely had time for anything else. Oh, and then there's the grading, too. And it seems like every day this week has brought some bad news in some form or another.

The worst, though, is that Wednesday we found out that our house might not sell after all. We got a ridiculous appraisal on our house way below what we are asking. We cannot sell our house for that amount. Another appraisal has been ordered, but things aren't looking good.

We're bummed, to say the least. This also means that we'll probably be in our house a few more years.

The "common sense" side of me realizes that this isn't the end of the world and that many people--and I'm thinking of people in the Nashville area and people who would just be happy to have a house at all--would scoff that I'm so disappointed by this. But I am human, and I'm just really, really sad.

I'm hoping this week is better.

No comments: