Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Weight Loss, Take 482.

If you're rolling your eyes at me, I completely understand.

I wonder how many posts I've devoted to "I'm turning over a new leaf--skinny, here I come" posts.

I really don't want to know.

I've got to do something. I started Weight Watchers online today. My goal is to lose 20 pounds.

I thought photographic evidence of my goals might motivate me, so here I go. (Don't worry--you're not about to see any photos of me in a sports bra, a la The Biggest Loser.)

My first goal is that I want to fit into these black pants. I bought them at a killer price at Ann Taylor Loft, and I love them. At the time, I needed to lose maybe 5 pounds for them to fit well, but the price was good and I was convinced I would lose the pounds, so I bought them. Not only did I NOT lose those pounds, but I gained about five more. So in about 10 pounds from now, I should be able to wear these pants.

My next goal is to be able to wear this shirt (which also goes with a very cute size-8 denim skirt). I bought this outfit right after I lost all my baby weight...and it fit for about 2 weeks before I started putting weight back on (more about that in a minute).
The spot on the shirt is something with the camera I think; this shirt doesn't have a big grease spot on it. Anyway, I think this shirt is about 13 pounds away.

And last, but not least, is this sundress. I would really like to be able to wear it in May...maybe for Mother's Day or something? I'd say this dress is 20 pounds away. (And it is prettier in person.)


After I had Amelia, I actually did very well with losing the baby weight. Then at the beginning of that summer, Darryl's dad passed away and we spend a lot of time in our hometown. Now, some of the best cooks ever live in my hometown, and people there tend to show their love in homemade cakes, casseroles, and any other form of comfort food. I remember distinctly a butternut cake--and I mean a BUTTERnut cake that left a big grease spot on the paper towel--that changed my life (and increased my weight).

And I never got it back under control. I could play the blame game all day long; the stress of being a first-time mom, the stress of work and a new principal, the fun of cooking and enjoying what I've cooked have all contributed to my poor eating habits.

But I'm tired of feeling yucky and out of shape. I believe I'll be successful because I'm just READY to feel better. And spring and summer are on the way, so that means pool time. Shorts. Sundresses.

Here's to thinner, healthier days ahead!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

It's really scary how parallel our lives are.