Saturday, January 23, 2010

Restoration

Forgive me for the lack of blogging. I'm not even going to elaborate on how incredibly busy school has been lately or how I'm already behind and it's only January because I'll just get in a funk about it. So on to better things...

The week before last, I had some ALONE time. Darryl really needed to go to Florida to take care of some family matters (nothing "dramatic," just burning land for future planting and the weather conditions have to be just right and so on and so on). I was going to be leaving for my scrapbooking retreat that Friday, and Darryl wasn't 100% positive that he would be back in time for me to leave Friday, so he took Amelia with him. They left on Tuesday, so that meant that I had three straight evenings of alone time. Me. In the house. By myself. Now don't get me wrong; I missed Darryl and Amelia terribly, increasingly more as time went on. But I'm not going to lie--I did enjoy some solitude.

Then, on Friday, I left right after school to go to Glen Ella Springs for my friend Blayne's annual retreat. I'm not going to elaborate on the details because I did last year. The menu, the experience, the whole thing was the same, and it was wonderful. I worked on a project I am doing called Project Life (the objective is to take a photo a day for a year). I also made a mini-album about Amelia's birthday party, and I finished an album I had started about my trip to Creative Escape in Arizona back in August. It was a very productive time as far as scrapbooking goes, and I enjoyed meeting up with the same ladies again.

I think I actually "ahhhhh"-ed out loud when I saw this sign in the middle of nowhere.

This photo was taken at 1 in the morning Sunday, so I look a bit rough. It was pouring outside, so we kept on scrapping until the rain let up.

This is me with my friend Blayne, the morning after we had been up until the wee hours.

The weekend was technically my Christmas present. After going on this retreat last year, I told Darryl the best gift he could give me is this little getaway. It was definitely awesome!

No comments: