Sunday, August 02, 2009

The Last Week...of Summer (sniff!)

I didn't post last week because, frankly, I wasn't in the mood. Here' s the rundown of how I spent the last official week of my summer:

Monday--Attempted to buy classroom supplies with a not-so-cooperative Amelia. Watched The Bachelorette finale. (I was pleased with the outcome. Don't judge me for watching that show.)

Tuesday--Worked on school stuff in my classroom while Amelia was with her sitter, Alisha.

Wednesday--Had a playdate with a "kind of" new friend, Sophia. (To make a long story short...Sophia's mom (Michelle) and I have been running into each other in various places--the pediatrician's office, church, and even a unbeknownst-to-us mutual friend's birthday party--so we finally decided to get the girls together. We went to another inflatable bouncy playground and had a great time!

Thursday--Went to the pool. Went to Open House at Amelia's daycare. She's moving to the 2-year-old room even though she won't be two until November. It made me a little sad.

Friday--Had to go back to work so I could be available to help/answer questions for three new teachers in our English Department. Luckily, they were pretty low-maintenence, and I got lots of work done.

Saturday--Met Darryl's Uncle George and cousin Camille at Mary Mac's for lunch. They were in town because George was picking up Camille from a ballet academy that she had been attending for several weeks this summer.

Sunday--Church. Shopping. (Scored some great deals at Old Navy, of all places. I haven't bought anything for me there in a while.)

Thanks to the state-imposed furlough days that Georgia teachers are required to take, we won't be returning to school tomorrow as originally scheduled, so technically, I have one more day off. (Technically, I have two because we are off Thursday as well...the day before school starts! Don't get me started on that one...) Anyway, tomorrow I plan to hang out with Amelia and do something fun with her.

I might have to do a "Farewell, Summer" post tomorrow...it's really been a good break for me.

No comments: