Sunday, July 26, 2009

Another Day, Another Slide

Before I get into today's "slide" adventure, I have to show you this pic of Amelia form this morning. My cousin bought this Florida State dress for her about a year ago, and Amelia is now big enough to wear it. And I think Amelia looks pretty cute in it, even if it isn't an LSU dress:


That is, by the way, her new "cheese" pose. I'm not sure where she got the idea to cock her head sideways, but she's workin' it.

This afternoon we decided to take Amelia back to the cool toy store, but this time, we also let her go next door to the inflatable jumpy playground. (I have no idea what it is called for real.) She wasn't too sure at first, but it wasn't long before she wanted to slide. And because it was such a big slide, Darryl or I had to help her climb the ladder and slide down. Here are Darryl and Amelia sliding; you can kind of get an idea for how big this slide was:
And here I am with her. My eyes are closed and Amelia is wide-eyed and smiling:
At the bottom, I look relieved and Amelia looks drunk from the fun:

Then Girlfriend got brave and did it on her own. We just let her do it solo one time. Figured we shouldn't press our luck:

Okay, I'll be honest...Darryl totally decided to let her go on her own when they got to the top. I would have been too chicken. I was waiting to see the two of them through the view finder on my camera, and then I was so shocked to see Amelia by herself that I almost forgot to shoot.

Anyway, we had fun. She is such a daredevil. Again...another trait she did NOT inherit from me. :)

(And I apologize if I just bored you to tears with pictures from our inflatable slide adventure; it's been a slow news day.)

3 comments:

Ashley Forehand said...

She's so cute!! I love the FSU dress!!!!

kimberly said...

Long time lurker, first time commenter. I love the slide stories. :)

Jenny said...

Cute slide pics. Loved the dress too.