Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Is it Spring Break YET?????

Why does it seem as though Spring Break will NEVER get here? We have the rest of this week and one more week before we're off.

Not much new to report here. My seniors have just finished their "senior projects," an assignment I "inherited" that consists of a research paper and a presentation. Overall, I was underwhelmed by their efforts. I think we're all in need of a break. Now I'm on a quest to read and have a test on The Importance of Being Earnest before we're out for break. I'm convinced it can be done.

As for TV...I fast-forwarded through much of Dancing with the Stars; thank goodness for Tivo. I think I like Apolo the best. He's cute in a strange way...plus I have a weakness for Olympic gold medalists. I'm not really into American Idol this time around--I'm watching it, but half-heartedly. As good as some of the girls are, I think my favorite is Blake the Beat-Boxer. He just has a cool "groovy" vibe that I love...and he also has a great voice.

Speaking of TV, at this very moment we are having our "high definition" hooked up to our HDTV we bought about a month ago. Darryl's excited.

I think I'm just too tired and in need of a vacation that I'm just not interested in much of anything. Ever get like that?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am with you. I am too tired to even get ice cream!

RealTimShady said...

HDTV is a mesmerizing drug.

I actually watched a bit of Dancing With the Stars last week...I also liked Apolo.

And...don't give up on Idol yet -- Melinda, LaKisha, and Blake the Beat Boxer all entertain me. I also like Curly-Headed Chris. (And on Tuesday night, they were all passable.)

Amy said...

Tim????? You watched DWTS???? Are you feeling okay?

Honestly, Blake the Beat Boxer is the only reason I'm watching Idol at all. I think Melinda is great, but she's starting to bore me a little. Blake's performances, though, are always different and interesting.

I like Curly-Headed Chris, too.

And Kim...too tired for ice cream??

RealTimShady said...

It was on while I was ironing. I didn't make an effort to tune it in...I turned on the TV and there it was.

Amy said...

Sure, Tim. Whatever. :)

Jenny said...

We watch to boo Heather Mills.

Anonymous said...

OK, now that I survived HS Musical (which was passable on Friday night)....I am ready for a double scoop! Or three!

Anonymous said...

When we actually do get ice cream, can someone explain about Blak the Beat Boxer? Can you tell I don't watch much t.v.?