Wednesday, February 21, 2007

"Idol" Boys and Peanut Butter

I had pretty much vowed that I wasn't going to watch American Idol this year (let's just say I was not a Taylor Hicks fan), but yet again, I'm sucked in.

I thought the boys pretty much stunk it up last night with the exception of Blake the Beat-boxer. I agree with Simon that he was the only one who seemed to come from 2007 (and I love Keane's "Somewhere Only We Know"). I mean, what was up with all the bad, dreary pop songs? And I also agree with Simon that the JT look-alike (the one who sang the Gavin DeGraw song) didn't have a great vocal. I was grading papers while the show was on, so I was mostly listening...and I grimaced a few times during his performance. At least he looked alive, though.

I'm hoping the girls can "bring it" tonight. I plan to TiVo it, though, so I don't have to listen to the inane bickering among the judges and Ryan "I don't get why he's so famous" Seacrest.

And on a completely unrelated note: I am having this insane craving for peanut butter. It's like I can't get enough of it. Maybe it's all the talk about it because of the salmonella thing. Good thing I'm a Jif girl.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I crave peanut butter this pregnancy....

Jess said...

Yeah, so I had some of the tainted peanut butter in my pantry- that's what I get for trying to save a few cents! When are you going to come see me?! I don't have much longer in Birmingham!!!

Amy said...

Well, Jen, as far as I know, that is NOT the reason I'm craving the peanut butter. :)

Jess, I know I need to get out there soon. How much longer in Birmingham?