Friday, July 03, 2015

Introducing Billy

Well, this happened.



Yep. That's our new puppy, a dapple mini-dachshund whom Amelia has named Billy.

(Listen, I'm just happy his name isn't BonBon or Cookie or some other baked good.)

(The name actually suits him.)


Darryl surprised Amelia and me both with him yesterday. Amelia declared it the "most amazing day ever." To say she is infatuated with him is a gross understatement.

Okay. Fine. We are all infatuated with him.


Truth be told, I have had a little "puppy fever" over the past year (and I love dachshunds), but Darryl didn't seem to be on the same page.

And then he showed up with a puppy. Go figure.

Anyway, right now the score is Billy - 1, his owners - 0 because does anyone want to guess where Billy slept last night after whining in his crate?

That's right. Our bed. We are already failing as dog parents. (I Googled "puppy whining in crate" this morning, and apparently we did the exact OPPOSITE of what we were supposed to do.)

But Billy is sweet and playful and already seems to be settling in. I think he likes us. And the feeling is mutual.

Welcome, Billy!

No comments: