Monday, January 20, 2014

Random Things from the Past Week

I am trying to be better about blogging. I really am.

Here are a few things that have been going on since I blogged last...

--I started a new semester. I don't really have anything significant to say about that other than I am teaching the two courses I enjoy teaching the most, so I'm hoping for a good semester. I'm not so sure about my lit class, though; on day two I had eight people absent (out of 35). Hmmm...

--Because of Harry Connick, Jr., I am giving American Idol a shot this season. So far, I'm enjoying it. The chemistry among the judges - Harry, J. Lo, and Keith Urban - is fun, and Harry has the ability to be honest and charming at the same time.

--I am a little too excited about the Winter Olympics starting soon. And don't judge me, but I have possibly arranged some assignment due dates to accommodate my obsession.

--Amelia is into all things related to Frozen. I'm wondering how many times I hear the song, "Let it Go" in a day.

--Speaking of Amelia, can I say that I wish I could hit the pause button on the passage of time and freeze this age for a couple of years? She is 6, and I am enjoying it so much. Granted, it isn't always rainbows and tulips, but for the most part, this is a fun age.

--I began my weekend Friday afternoon by shopping for some pants to add to my "teaching wardrobe." Let me just say that it was a depressing way to begin the weekend. However...

--I ran (and by "ran," I mean "slowly jogged and walked") a half-marathon yesterday. For some reason, that has always (and by "always," I mean "for the past five years or so") been something I've wanted to do. My time wasn't excellent (2:45), but I did it...and the race itself was rather fun. I do think I'm going to stick with running for a while because I don't hate it, but I don't think I'm going to do another longer distance race for a long time. I hope to stick to some 5Ks and maybe 10Ks and just work on getting faster and running more and walking less.

And that's about it.

No comments: