The fact I am writing about 2014 Resolutions the day after New Year's Day should show just how resolute I am.
Here are some things I'd like to see happen in 2014. They aren't necessarily "resolutions," but maybe just "goals."
1) Be more diligent about exercise. I don't have a specific weight-loss goal in mind, but I think if I make an effort to exercise more frequently, some pounds will drop (provided I don't follow up the exercise by eating cookies and cake).
2) Be better about cooking at home. We tend to eat out a lot, even when Darryl is traveling. Is it really THAT much easier to pick up a grilled cheese at Sonic than make one at home? Probably not.
3) Drink fewer diet sodas. I'm not ruling them out completely, but if I could move to just a couple a week as opposed to a few a day...that would be a good thing.
4) Read more books for fun. I tend to get so bogged down in reading things for my classes and reading students' papers that I typically don't run to a book for more reading when I get a spare minute. However, I've done a good bit of reading over my break, and it has reminded me how much I enjoy a good book.
5) Get involved in a church again. This is a long story, and I don't want to get into it at the moment, but in short, we've really struggled to find a church in Baton Rouge. Amelia DOES get a decent amount of Biblical teaching through her school (and we try to supplement/support that as well), so that helps, but I miss our whole family being involved in church.
6) Take a family vacation. (We already have plans for this, so this should be an easy goal to accomplish, right?)
7) Have a house that we OWN. We have been renting for almost two years, and while there is nothing "wrong" with renting, and while I realize many people rent for their entire lives and are perfectly content doing so, we are ready to get to a house that we can make our own.
8) Blog more often. :-)
9) "Unplug" more often. I confess I'm addicted to my i-Devices and probably should be on them MUCH less. I haven't quite figured out how I want to go about this, but I'll report back with my efforts.
10) Get off this couch and computer and clean out my daughter's room while she is at my parents'. That is is the final item on my to-do list for this week, and it needs to happen. So Adios!