Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Stuff that Happened Before Easter

That's a clever title, is it not?

Here's just some random stuff that happened while I was on my unexpected blogging break.

Amelia and I took advantage of the nice weather by doing things like going to the park.


We went to a birthday party, where Amelia enjoyed a little Wii Rock Band action. The bare feet and pigtails made me think of Taylor Swift. (By the way, this was an indoor playground facility, so she had to take off her shoes. Just didn't want you to think my child's barefootedness is a common occurrence outside the house.)


Darryl and I celebrated our 13th Anniversary. While we didn't do anything "grand" on the actual day, we did get an opportunity to go to Baton Rouge while my parents had Amelia, and we ate with our friends Rebecca and Damian at Commander's Palace. Darryl took this photo en route from Baton Rouge to New Orleans.

A) Yep. We are totally sitting with girls in the back, guys in the front. B) I was busy telling Darryl what kind of photo I wanted him to take. Because I'm like that.

Anyway.

Here's a cool "Making of Bananas Foster" photo.

Also, it should be noted that Rebecca does not always wear a paper chef's hat on her head. It was her birthday, and apparently a paper chef's hat is Commander's Palace's sombrero for birthday celebrations. (The waitstaff did NOT, much to Rebecca's relief, gather around the table to sing.)

And while I'm on the subject of food, might I just say that beignets and I were reacquainted after a long, approximately 10-year separation. I had these at a place called Coffee Call, and they were DELICIOUS.

"Reunited and it feels so good..."

Anyway, those are just some of the goings on over the past few weeks. I promise to put a post up about Easter soon...at least before Thanksgiving. :-)

1 comment:

Jess said...

Sigh. I'm always jealous that you make it back to BR so much more often than I do!
And a funny story that you'll appreciate. A week or so, after telling Sydney "Sweet dreams" when I put her to bed, I asked her, "Do you know what that means? When you have sweet dreams, what do you dream about?" (I didn't even know if she knew what a dream was!) She sleepily looked up at me and smiled, "Beignets..."