Sunday, October 11, 2009

Weekend with Family

So I mentioned that I was going to be a weekend blogger, and then I skipped last weekend. Oops. But hey, I wrote three separate blog posts tonight!

Life always seems busy, but this time of year seems even busier. School plays, homecoming floats that need teacher supervision, midterms, PSATs. Graduation Writing Tests add to the usual busy-ness of work, and then on the home front, we are entering the time of year filled with birthdays for all three of us, Halloween, pumpkin patch and apple orchard visits, and so forth. I love it, though. :)

Anyway, this weekend was a holiday weekend for me, so the three of us went to Florida to see our family. We just hung out, ate good food, watched football (it was not a good football weekend for Darryl and me), and so forth. Late Saturday afternoon, my dad and I took Amelia to a local park to meet up with Darryl's sister, Ashley, and my two nieces, Madison and Avery. Here are a few cute pics:


The pic below of Amelia and Avery makes me laugh. Love the facial expressions!

Madison gets ready to slide...

Amelia also loved the little merry-go-round. (I thought about cropping this pic, but I like it the way it is.)

We even fed some little goats.


We had lots of fun!!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Those are great pics. Funny one with the expressions and I LOVE the one you didn't crop---your instincts are right on.

Amelia is really growing up!