Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Gout and The Sc@rlet Letter--Both cause pain and suffering

I think I'm in a bit of a blogging funk. Is anyone even really reading this anymore? I think that most people have gone the way of Facebook, a fact that makes me a little sad because I miss reading new info on other people's blogs and don't feel very inspired to write much on my own. Instead, I know what people are doing through status updates like, "Just ate a pumpkin muffin. Now going to bed." It just ain't the same as reading a blog.

Anyway, as far as school goes, after the two-week craziness known as Midterm Week (with a wacky schedule) and Homecoming Week (another wacky schedule that also included two half-days), we're finally back to normal at school. All my juniors are reading The Sc@rlet Letter, and Lord, help me...we're only in Day 2 and I want to leave so I can work at McDonald's. I really do see a personal leave day in my near future.

On the home front...Darryl has gout. It's been fun for us both. He's in terrible pain (although yesterday he was feeling better and then even better today), and I've pretty much been his maidservant since Friday. I hate gout.

I'm leaving you with a pic of Amelia that I just downloaded from the camera. (It's from last Monday, my fall holiday that I spent cleaning our house for someone to look at. Of course the person isn't interested, so it was pretty much a wasted effort. I hate selling a house.) Anyway, Amelia enjoyed rummaging in my closet and wearing my shoes. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Nana said...

I'm still reading it. Don't stop.

Jenny said...

Still reading. I'm in the same funk you are in though. Maybe it will pass...