Sunday, July 19, 2009

Amelia's fun with the grandparents

First of all, these last few weeks of summer have been flying by; it does not seem like almost a week has gone by since my last post. I mean, seriously. This isn't fair.

My parents came up this past weekend for their Amelia fix. Darryl and I, as a result, were able to have a couple of child-free outings. Friday night, we went to see The Hangover after several people told us how hilarious it was. Was it funny? Sure. But I think it was one of those situations where everybody went on and on about it so much that our expectations were really high, so we were a bit disappointed. It was still fun to go to the movies, though. Saturday, we looked at some houses for sale in the area (we haven't sold our house, mind you--we just wanted to see what our "price range" could get us), browsed in some stores, and had dinner. It was nice.

Well, back to Amelia and the grandparents. While we were having our fun Saturday afternoon/evening, the grandparents took Amelia to Bass Pro Shop to look at the big fish tank. They also rode a carousel, had chocolate ice cream, and ate at Five Guys Burgers & Fries. They said Amelia was a perfect angel through all that. I hope so! Of course, I'm sure she was having a blast!
It was a good weekend!

3 comments:

Aunt Winifred said...

I can't believe how fast Amelia is growing! She is adorable!

Jenny said...

1. Amelia is just a doll.
2. Sounds like stuff my parents would do with the boys...for sure the Bass Pro Shop thing.

Ashley Forehand said...

That's a good picture of Amelia and your mother