Saturday, September 02, 2006

Plans for the weekend

After grading, grading, grading every day for the past week and a half, I've gotten my stack down to just Canterbury Tales projects, and that's amazing. I made the bold decision not to bring those projects home, so I'm not doing any grading this long weekend. So there.

I do need to get a jump ahead on some class prep, but I'm waiting until Sunday or Monday to do that.

Today, I'm going to take it easy. Darryl plans to watch football, and I think I'm going to clean up around the house (not a major clean, but a "straighten up" clean) and then maybe go to a movie this weekend. I really want to see Little Miss Sunshine.

Thanks to TimShady, I've also gotten into the show Project Runway, and I have a couple of those TiVoed. I'm watching some of the earlier episodes of the season.

So yep, I've got a big day of movie/TV watching ahead of me. I'm excited.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Sounds like a good weekend to me! I'll be shopping for some shoes for Luke, cleaning the house since we are having a guest (Chris's pal who is coming down for the AU game), and grading. But I'll grade while I watch good tv. Too bad my favorite Tv show got cancelled: The John Mark Karr Show.

PS Tell me exactly what it's doing when you are trying to comment on my blog. I checked it, and everything seems to be okay...

RealTimShady said...

When I first read this post (which was late last night after I returned from the Miss Mall of Georgia Pageant), I thought it said that you were going to WATCH Darryl PLAY football. This morning it makes a lot more sense (not that Darryl couldn't play football).

Also, I believe the end of your post should say that you have a few episodes of Project Runway FAKE TiVo'ed.

:)

Amy said...

You're right, TimShady--they were fake TiVoed. :)

And Jen, I sent you and email about the message I get when I try to comment. I don't know if that's any help or not.