Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Labor Day Weekend

I enjoyed my grading-free Labor Day weekend. Leaving the Canterbury Tales projects at school was a good idea; if I had lugged them home, they would have just sat there, unattended, while I was consumed with guilt for not grading instead of watching TV. By leaving them at school, I was spared the guilt. Nothing but a clean conscience here!

I did get some class prep done, and I cleaned my house more thoroughly than I planned--I actually pulled out the mop.

Other weekend highlights:
--I went shopping and ended up with two shirts.
--I saw Little Miss Sunshine. I thought it was funny, but Darryl thought it was horrible. I like dry, dark humor, though, and Darryl does not. (Darryl also dislikes The Office. How can someone not like The Office??? And he told me this after he saw one of my favorite episodes--the one with the drug testing. Sigh. I'm just telling you this so you'll know how seriously to consider his opinion of Sunshine.)
--I caught up on my fake Tivoed Project Runway episodes.

Ah...why can't long weekends last just a wee bit longer?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Little Miss Sunshine looks good! I'll have to go see it.

He doesn't like The Office?? :)

Hey, if you can, can you send me some ideas for The Canterbury Tales? I need some fresh ideas.

Jen C