Tuesday, December 04, 2012

A Catch-Up Post: Thanksgiving '12

We had a great Thanksgiving!

My parents stayed with us for Thanksgiving this year. Actually, they came the weekend right before Thanksgiving so they could attend Amelia's birthday party on Sunday. They enjoyed getting to spend a lot of time with Amelia...they even braved Chuck E. Cheese with her one day. That is love.

Our week got off to a rousing start when our fridge of over ten years decided to quit. Convenient timing, yes?

But now we have this beauty hanging out in our kitchen, and we're getting along very well.



Here's a photo of Amelia and my mom just hanging out, having coffee and hot chocolate.


My dad enjoyed some light reading.


He isn't serious all the time, though. Sometimes he likes to play with Power Rangers.






On Thanksgiving Day, there were several attempts made to fly a kite, but the wind seemed to mock us and stop blowing as soon as we'd run out there to try. (I say "we"...I just stood by with a camera in my hand.)




We ate WAY too much food, and Thanksgiving night, Darryl and I had a movie date night and went to see Argo. GREAT movie.

Friday morning, my parents went home, and my friend Rebecca and I kept up our tradition of doing some Black Friday shopping. Here is what you should know: 1) We do not get up at some ungodly hour (like 2 a.m.) to do this. 2) To be honest...we shop mainly for ourselves.

(I look like I am wearing a fancy hat, but it is a pedestal holding a purple high-heeled shoe. Everyone needs a purple high-heeled shoe, am I right?)



While I'm on the subject of Black Friday shopping, can I just say that I HATE that the sales and the shopping start Thanksgiving Day?? Can't we just have Thanksgiving Day, for Pete's sake? (I think Charlie Brown would agree with me on this one.)



And thus concludes Thanksgiving 2012. A good time was had by all.

No comments: