Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Some Favorite Things

I might not be Oprah, but does that mean I shouldn't share a few of my favorite things?  (But since I'm not Oprah, I do not have the budget to send you a gift basket of all these items.)

These are just some little things that just make me happy.

1. Mrs. Meyer's Countertop Spray. Rarely do I get excited about a cleaning product (I like cleanliness but never cared much about the products themselves), but I absolutely love this spray.  I especially love the Lemon Verbena scent for the kitchen and the lavender scent for the bathrooms. (By the way, am I the only person who wants to spell it L-A-V-E-N-D-A-R?)


2. Ritz Fresh Stacks.  If you think this is a ridiculous marketing ploy, think again, my friends.  Unless you are on a complete cracker binge, you are probably not going to blitz through a stack of Ritz.  (In all honesty, I could eat a stack a Ritz and with some cheese on top. Or plain. And I have been known to consume my fair share of "squirt-on cheese" back in the day. Don't judge.)  Anyway...if you are just eating a few here and there, you are guaranteed fresh crackers every. single. time. I hate a stale cracker.


3. Tervis Tumblers.  I love a Tervis Tumbler. They are insulated, so they keep your drink hot or cold, and they don't sweat, so you don't have to worry about a coaster.  It is my go-to "glass" and I drink out of it at home and take it with me on the road. (Since I've been trying to lose a little weight, I take one full of water with me when I get in the car.)


4. Anthropologie Coffee Mugs. I am not a big Anthropologie person as far as the clothes go (not my style at all), but I do like their some of their kitchen items, especially their coffee mugs.  This one was given to me as a gift, and I lurve it.


5. Cast-iron skillet. I have had a cast-iron skillet for a while, but because of the porcelain surface of our stove back in Georgia, I never got to use it, so I packed it up when we thought we were moving a couple of years ago. :-)  I found it when we really did move a month and a half ago, and I probably use it two or three times a week.  I think it cooks more evenly, and maybe food just tastes a little better when it is prepared in it. (Maybe?)


If only I could now say, "You get a skillet! And you get a skillet! EVERYBODY IS GETTING A SKILLEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTT!"

No comments: