Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Weekend...and "Good Nap" Hair

We had a good weekend...for the most part.

Yesterday we went to breakfast and took Amelia swimming at the gym we have a membership to. (I can count on one hand the number of times we've been, but their pool is pretty great.) Amelia took a really good nap afterwards, so that meant she was in a good mood to stay with my friend Kim and her daughter "Mac," who graciously agreed to keep Amelia for us so Darryl and I could attend a funeral. (Thanks, Kim and Mac...I'm sure she had a blast!) After the funeral, Darryl and I picked up Amelia and ate at Bonefish Grill, which was really good. (And, I might add, Amelia was wonderful at the restaurant. She's kind of been "iffy" with restaurants lately, but she was the perfect angel here.)

Today we went to church, and afterwards I started to tackle what I will call "Summer Household Project #1: Cleaning Out Amelia's Closet/Wardrobe." I haven't done this since last year, and boy, was her closet ridiculous. I'm about 85% done with it all and should finish tomorrow.

Darryl took Amelia swimming again, and while they were gone, I went to Target to get another storage box because I grossly underestimated how many clothes would be cleaned out of the closet. On my way back, I got in a fender-bender that involved four cars...one of those "chain reaction" things. I had some damage to my back bumper, but that was it, thank goodness. (Really, that was the only flaw in an otherwise great weekend.)

Here's an Amelia-ism: She calls Elmo "Elbow." Cute.

And I leave you with what I call "Good Nap" Hair. This is what Amelia looked like after a 3-hour nap. Girlfriend slept hard, and she was all smiles afterwards, as evidenced by the second pic.


And here's the smile:

No comments: