Monday, October 09, 2006

Fried Chicken and Waffles

Yesterday, I went with my friend Casi to Gladys & Ron's Chicken and Waffles to celebrate her birthday (a month late). We had been there once before, and this time we enjoyed it just as much.

We ended up doing some creative maneuvering of menu items, but I ended up getting what I wanted, which was a fried chicken breast with half a waffle, a side of mac n' cheese, and a corn muffin, and Casi had the smothered chicken on rice, mashed potatoes, half a waffle, and a corn muffin. I'll confess that I've had better fried chicken (my mother's), but it was a good meal.

In fact, I wish I had all that to eat right now.

Afterwards, we strolled around Atlantic Station, which is a fun place to shop.

I didn't get much graded this weekend. In fact, it was an unproductive weekend as far as work goes, but I did find a pair of jeans (in a size smaller than I was buying at the end of the summer, thank you very much), so I consider that a huge accomplishment. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I need some help trying to understand this combo of chicken and waffles. Is it eaten together..as in the same bite? Or did Gladys and Ron just think that the two were somehow staples? I'm all over the chicken, corn muffin and mac 'n cheese...of course,this is from the girl, who just last year ate at Waffle House...or was it a Huddle House?

Amy said...

I'm not sure how the chicken and waffle combo originated. The waffle was served separately as a side dish, but it came with warm maple syrup and butter. It was good, though!