Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A Look Back: Amelia Turned 6!

One more event I wanted to blog about before the "fresh blog start" of 2014 is Amelia's 6th Birthday.

Seriously, how is she 6?

Like her mom, Amelia enjoyed celebrating her birthday all week.

The day after Darryl and I returned from New York, my parents, Amelia, and I celebrated by having dinner at Chuck E. Cheese...her request, of course.


The next day was her actual birthday. She had requested that I bring "rainbow cupcakes" for her classmates, and I had lunch with her before the partaking of the cupcakes. She was SO excited to celebrate her birthday at school because she was going to get a visor, a pencil, a bookmark, and a couple of other treats.


Good grief, I love that girl.

On Sunday, we had her actual birthday party. She wanted to have her party at a painting place called Mud Pies and Masterpieces because she had gone to a friend's party there months ago and really enjoyed it. She wanted it to be a princess party as well, and we invited the girls from her class. Only four girls were able to come (one of her friends was out of town, another had committed to another birthday party, and so on), but it ended up being a perfect-sized group for this painting endeavor. :-)

(On a side note: I cannot recommend Mud Pies & Masterpieces strongly enough. The women who run it are not only great with kids, but they were also SUPER helpful in assisting me with setting up for the party. They made it so, so fun!)

Here are some different photos of her big day...










It was such a fun little party, and Amelia LOVED it. And isn't that what birthday parties are all about?

No comments: