Thursday, October 11, 2012

A Quick and Easy Chicken Pot Pie Recipe...and Goodies Galore!!

I'm making an effort to cook more at home, and I'm always looking for new, GOOD recipes that I can make in a hurry or without much mess or cleanup.

(By the way, I typically do NOT have good luck with Pinterest recipes. Sometimes I have to question the people who describe a recipe -- like the disgusting chicken lasagna rolls I pinned and made -- as the BEST EVER. Either those people are playing a cruel joke on the "pinning" community, or they haven't eaten anything besides frozen dinners.)

ANYWAY...

I made some cream cheese brownies a couple of weekends ago (more on that in a minute), and I saw a recipe for Chicken Pot Pie on the cream cheese box. I tried it the next day.

Is it the BEST chicken pot pie ever? No. But is it good, EASY, tasty comfort food? YES.  I am definitely working it into the recipe rotation.

The recipe is here.

So...back to the cream cheese brownies....

Amelia's school was supposed to have a little carnival/festival thing a couple of Sunday afternoons ago, and the school asked for some baked goods for the cake walk.  Look, I LOVE to bake. I baked Heath Bar cookies, cream cheese brownies, and regular fudge brownies. And, I packaged them so that they looked oh so cute. See?


And...the school had to postpone the festival because of rain.

Alas.

Hurricane Isaac and that Sunday's monsoon really have done nothing for my figure.

Just sayin'.

No comments: