Saturday, August 07, 2010

The Last Week of Summer, Part 2...A Little Late

A couple of posts ago, I detailed what we did the last week of summer, and I really dropped the ball on finishing up that week. I know...you have waited anxiously for the conclusion.

Thursday, Amelia and I went to the pool that morning and had a big time. Of course, I always seem to make it there just in time for the lifeguards to take a break, so about as soon as we got in the water, we had to get out. It's fun explaining to a two-year-old why she can't get in the water when it is only three feet away, but she handled it pretty well.

That evening, we picked up Amelia's big girl bed and rearranged her room so that it is a big girl room. That deserves a separate post, so I'll wait and discuss those details there.

Friday, Amelia and I rode the carousel at the mall once again. She absolutely loves it. Then we had lunch with Darryl and came home. We ended up going to the indoor "jump and bounce" for one last summer hurrah.

I also did a little shopping Friday night for some school clothes for me. I really need to lose about five pounds (yet again) for my pants to feel "right," but I typically do shave off a few when school starts back because I don't have round-the-clock access to yummy food. I did buy a few shirts, however, and have attempted to break out of my comfort zone by buying some more colorful shirts. I tend to go the black/gray route, but I think I need to change it up a bit.

See...wasn't that conclusion of the last week of summer riveting? I thought so!!

No comments: