Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A Little Disney for You

So, as I've mentioned a few times, we went to Disney World a few weeks ago and had a wonderful time.

I'm not going to give a play by play because I don't have the desire to do it, and I'm not sure you really want to read it all. I'm going to let photos do most of the talking for me. I'll give you a little background first:

We flew to Orlando (on Darryl's air miles) the Sunday of Labor Day weekend and came back the following Saturday. It really was a great time to go. Sunday, after we arrived at the hotel and got settled, we decided to go to the Magic Kingdom for a while. It was PACKED. We figured it would be, though, because of the holiday weekend, so we just dealt with it. The rest of the week, however, was pretty ideal in terms of crowds, line waits, and so forth.

We did all four parks -- Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Animal Kingdom, and Hollywood Studios. I think the Magic Kingdom is our favorite by far, but probably because it has more rides and things that all of us could enjoy.

Here are some photos, really in no particular order.

This is the night we went to dinner in Cinderella's Castle. Yes, I have on Minnie Mouse ears. Don't hate. (Also, those ears might have helped distract from the horrible hair day I was experiencing. At least I fooled myself into believing that.)

Amelia is standing in front of the Tree of Life at the Animal Kingdom.

Look! Amelia can also hold up the EPCOT golf ball. Impressive, yes? (By the way...the ride inside that ball, Spaceship Earth, was one of Amelia's favorite rides. We rode it at least three times.)


Amelia and, obviously, Cinderella. Can you stand the cuteness??


Here we are at Chef Mickey's, which was lots of fun.


Hanging out with Cars at Hollywood Studios.


Amelia and Tinkerbell!


I love this photo of Amelia and Princess Tiana.


Look, Rapunzel is THE princess to see right now. We made several attempts to see her and finally did on Friday. (And even though we made a beeline to her location, there were still about 20 people in front of us.)


I adore this photo of Amelia and Mickey.

No comments: